Wednesday 14 December 2011

Fear of hose clamps

Groan... yet another nasty surprise to fill me with dread and rip apart the insides of my wallet.

Being a bit naive, I decided to strip the seats and prepare them for the new upholstery. I knew they were in a bad way...

but was unprepared for what lay underneath...



The frames were a mangled mess.  It looks like they've been repaired a number of times in the past and I don't think they could take another repair job.  They are STUFT!  So now I've had to go and locate a new set of bucket seats...

Anyway, enough complaining... back to the subject of the post... you notice a couple of hose clamps in the first photo?  They actually hold the metal frame together... the large tubular frame was actually busted in two and held together with those hose clamps.

Now, check this out...


This is me, removing a hose clamp that's holding the ignition switch in the dash... WTF???

The car is almost stripped now and I have over 30 hose clamps, about 6 of which were actually used to attach hoses.  It's reached the point where I break into a sweat whenever I see one.  Who knows what horrors are hidden beneath them?

Beware the hose clamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment