Tuesday 27 September 2011

OMG - I'm a Mustang owner

I first fell in love with the Ford Mustang from an advertisement photo in one of my mum's magazines.  It just looked so cool.  I tried to convince my folks that we absolutely had to have one, but it "wasn't practical" and had "way too much power". Duh!

My fondness for the pony car stayed with me throughout my life, but for various reasons I just never got around to getting one of my own. So let's not underestimate what this means to me... owning a Mustang is on my "bucket list".  Huzza!

The new lady in my life is a 1966 Coupe that needs a bit of cosmetic work.  Right now she's fit out in primer grey with a tatty black interior, so there's room for improvement. At the time of this post, she is on a truck somewhere between Sydney and Brisbane. It's turning out to be a very long, slow week.

I bought the car without physically inspecting it myself (I know - bad move), but it just wasn't feasible to visit in person as I was in Queensland and she was down in NSW.  However, in my defence, I did do my research into the seller and the car... so I'm happy that I've minimised the risk a bit.  Guess we'll see.

So... time to start planning.  In the next few posts I want to set out my cunning plan for bringing the girl back to her former glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment