Tuesday 4 October 2011

First Impressions

Homer said it best...

Mmmmmmmustang...

Let's just say that I am delightfully unsurprised. She's got a few issues and there's some work to be done, but nothing overly surprising.

There's probably more work required to get her on the road than I had expected. I knew there were issues to be resolved but I didn't expect them to impact getting a roadworthy, so I'm gonna have to spend more money up front... sigh.

Here's the list...
  • Someone installed an extra large, giant sized radiator... seriously, it's twice the width of the original. This necessitated moving the battery and other things around the engine bay, and it's really, really dodgy. So a new radiator, hoses and battery tray is on order.
  • They had to chop holes into the body rails to fit the new radiator, so I'll have to weld some metal back in to make it look good and give it strength.
  • The custom exhaust system, while sounding awesome, may not be to code.  I'm checking into that, but may have to replace the exhaust for roadworthy.
  • The seats are r@sh*t and will need to be replaced or fixed. I knew that but...
  • The horn fell off the steering wheel, so the obvious fix is to wire a giant button into the middle of the dash... oh dear
  • I may have to to paint her up front for registering (???)... if that's the case, it will be a temporary job until I can strip her back properly.
  • Then the L02 compliance stuff, new seat belts, headlamps and child restraints.
Let the money drain begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment